Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fashfoodfrenzy and The Pilarness go on a date!

AFTER A WHILE...Sorry for the lack of updates! It's a complete challenge trying to find time to blog when I'm SWAMPED with school work. I'm not kidding, my hell week has escalated to a hell month and I CANNOT WAIT for this sem to end! Thank Goodness I was able to relax a little with Pilar of The Pilarness and her debonair cousin Mikee last Aug 29!


We had dinner in Chilly Willy's, the newly opened Texas grill beside Flaming Wings (Katipunan Avenue) upon the suggestion of Pilar's mom. I must say, I loved the interiors and the ambiance. When I arrived I was the only customer and I found the place to be very comfortable, cozy yet casual. I think it was because of the red interiors and the warm yellow lighting. The ambiance didn't change much when people started coming in for dinner and that's what I liked about it. Despite the chattering of the other patrons and the clanking of utensils against their plates, the ambiance remained very warm.



I'm a little peeved I didn't get to take a snapshot of the barn-like booths! They were really cute!



The Pilarness's appetizer: Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese dip (P140)
I didn't get to take a snapshot of my appetizer: Chili fingers (P80/6 pcs)



A chicken dish. I forgot what it was called and how much it was!



My food! Grilled Porkchop with barbecue sauce. I think. I SHOULD REALLY TAKE NOTE OF THE DISHES :))






Mikee's Quesadillas for I don't know how much. P100+



DESSERT! Fried ice cream!



My dessert. Again, I fail to remember what it's called. It's P110 though!




FRENZY METER: 4.7 out of 10


While I liked the ambiance and the attentive staff, I didn't much like the food: the appetizers weren't enough to whet my appetite, small servings for the main courses (and I've tasted better grilled porkchop with bbq sauce), and not so delicious desserts. Pilar's fried Ice cream was okay though. My brownie thing was not. It was hard and dry and lacked taste despite the amount of chocolate slathered on it. I also think that for the amount they charge, Chilly Willy's should have bigger servings and improve the taste of their food so they can claim that they truly are a Texas Grill. Overall it wasn't so bad though. Will I ever go to Chilly Willy's again? Maybe, to try their cocktails (A grill with cocktails?!) but not to eat.

Despite my disappointment, I had THE BEST TIME with The Pilarness and Mikee! Thanks for a totally chill night, guys! Hanging out with friends is the best stress reliever.



>INSERT<


OH! And here's a snapshot of Me, my sister, mom and cousin Paolo in Banapple! They picked me up and we stopped by the bakeshop to buy some muffins, a slice of cheesecake and walnut pie. Thanks for the libre Kuya Paolo!



1 comment:

  1. THE PILARNESS LOVES HANGING OUT WITH KARSIE!

    We shall do this once again! :D

    ReplyDelete